Carbon Monoxide (also known as CO) is a colorless, odorless poisonous gas and is a common yet preventable cause of death from poisoning worldwide. Approximately half of the deaths from unintentional CO poisonings result from the inhalation of smoke from fires. Other significant causes are vehicle exhausts and deaths in industrial / commercial settings. On average between 1 and 2 people die each year in Ireland from unintentional CO poisoning in the home in incidents related to domestic heating or other fossil fuel installations in the home (i.e. excluding the inhalation of smoke from fires).
The incomplete combustion of organic fossil fuels such as oil, gas or coal is a common environmental source of CO and is responsible for many cases of non-fatal unintentional CO poisoning.
In normal conditions the combustion process (the addition of oxygen) will result in carbon in the fossil fuel, combining with oxygen, in the air, to produce Carbon Dioxide (CO2), the same substance we exhale when we breathe.
However, if there is a lack of air for the combustion process or the heating appliance is faulty, Carbon Monoxide can be produced.
When CO is inhaled into the body it combines with the blood, preventing it from absorbing oxygen. If a person is exposed to CO over a period, it can cause illness and even death.
Carbon Monoxide has no smell, taste or color. This is why it is sometimes called the "Silent Killer".
This Alarm is Certified by EN50291 & CE Standards
1. Power: 3AA size 1.5v batteries (Required)
2. Sensitivity & Time: 50ppm alarms within 60-90 minutes
100ppm alarms within 10-40 minutes
300ppm alarms within 3 minutes
3. Standby Current: <50uA
4. Alarm Current: <50mA
5. Operation Ambient Condition: 5-40 °C, 20-90%R.H.
1. Permanent carbon monoxide sensor
2. The alarm sound pattern is four short alarm beeps. The red LED will flash while in alarm mode
3. One "chirp" every 30 seconds is an indication that the battery is low (needs replacement)(green LED still flashes once every 30 seconds)
4. Test/Reset button to test the unit electronics and verifies proper unit operation and reset the unit during CO alarm
5. Alarm memory feature: It the unit every alarms, pressing the button, green LED will flash once every second for one minute and the peak alarm level will be indicated on the LCD
6. Green and Red LED lights that indicate the normal operation and alarm status
7. The unit will sound "chirp" and red LED flashes once as power up
8. Power saving feature: The alarm sound pattern is 4 beeps every 5 seconds in the beginning. In 4 minutes, it will change to 4 beeps every minutes to save the battery.
9. 3 digits LCD is optional "Lb" on the LCD indicates low battery (need replacement) and "999PPM" on the LCD to indicate CO level over 999ppm.In normal condition, LCD is not lit. It will be lit as test/reset button pressed and as CO concentration exceeds 30ppm. In 3 minutes after the batteries installed, the unit state to detect CO
10. GREEN LED: The green LED flashes every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is operating properly
11. RED LED: When a dangerous level of carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flashes and the alarm pattern will sound
The CARBON MONOXIDE(CO) alarm monitors the air for the presence of CO. The alarm will sound and be accompanied by the flashing red LED light when there are high levels of CO present.
12. CAUTION: This alarm will only indicate the presence of monoxide at the sensor. Carbon monoxide gas may present at other area
Please allow 7-10 Working Days for delivery